The Transport Department deals with the subject matter relating primarily to Road Transport. The Department administers the Motor Vehicles Taxation Act and Rules made there under. The Department also controls, supervises and regulates the working and functioning of the various bodies under the Department. These bodies are the State Transport Authority and the Regional Transport Authorities. There is also a Corporation under Transport Department namely Meghalaya Transport Corporation which was constituted under the Road Transport Act, 1950.
Government Order's and Circulars - Latest News
- Extension of date for submission of EoI on Integrated Smart Card in Meghalaya (upto 26.03.2019)
- Letter of Expression of Interest for providing Helicopter Service in Meghalaya
- Expression of Interest for providing Helicopter Service in Meghalaya
- Extension of date for submission of EoI for providing Air Connectivity to Shillong Umroi Airport
- Expression of Interest (EoI) For Providing Air Connectivity to Shillong Airport
- Expression of Interest for Integrated Smart Card in Meghalaya
- Revision of Taxes on Motor Vehicles, No.TPT.52/2000//Pt.I/3, dated 02.11.2018
- Revision of Permit fees, No.TPT.52/2000//Pt.I/2, dated 02.11.2018
- Notice Result for the Post of Director, MSRSS dated 12.09.2018
- Result for the Post of Director, MSRSS dated 12.09.2018
- Corrigendum Short Notice Inviting Tenders for Condemnation of Vehicles
- Short Notice Inviting Tenders for Condemnation of Vehicles
- Illegal Plying of Vehicles- without paying Road Tax, Meghalaya Passenger and Goods Tax (M.P.G.T.) Notification Number STA/19/2017/1 dated 6th January 2017.
- Reply to the Representation on Baljek Airport Tura.
- Notification No. TPT.91/80/560 Dated Shillong, the 25th July 2011 - Fares for Local taxis, Auto Rickshaws, Maxi Cabs and Motor Cabs.