The Transport Department deals with the subject matter relating primarily to Road Transport. The Department administers the Motor Vehicles Taxation Act and Rules made there under. The Department also controls, supervises and regulates the working and functioning of the various bodies under the Department. These bodies are the State Transport Authority and the Regional Transport Authorities. There is also a Corporation under Transport Department namely Meghalaya Transport Corporation which was constituted under the Road Transport Act, 1950.
Government Order's and Circulars - Latest News
- Notification dt. 18.05.2017 on Revision of Fees for Vahan (Vehicle Registration) and Sarathi (Driving License) w.e.f. 01.06.2017
- Morth Notification No.GSR 1183 (E) dated 29.12.2016 (Revision of fees for Vahan and Sarathi)
- Corrigendum Short Notice Inviting Tenders for Condemnation of Vehicles
- Short Notice Inviting Tenders for Condemnation of Vehicles
- Illegal Plying of Vehicles- without paying Road Tax, Meghalaya Passenger and Goods Tax (M.P.G.T.) Notification Number STA/19/2017/1 dated 6th January 2017.
- Reply to the Representation on Baljek Airport Tura.
- Notification No. TPT.58/98/213 Dated Shillong, the 8th September 2011 - Rates of Motor Vehicle Tax and the Rates of Composite Tax on Tourist Vehicles.
- Notification No. TPT.91/80/560 Dated Shillong, the 25th July 2011 - Fares for Local taxis, Auto Rickshaws, Maxi Cabs and Motor Cabs.