Understand Traffic Lights and Signals – Be Safe
Traffic lights and signals are the language of the road. Be well acquainted with them, and act accordingly, you will be safe. Not following them can put you and other road users in danger. Therefore, understand the meaning of traffic lights and signs.
Traffic Lights :
- There are three colours in traffic lights
- Red light means mandatory stop
- Yellow light warns you and tells you to prepare for halt, never try to cross the intersection when the light is yellow
- Green means proceed ahead slowly after ensuring that no vehicle is criss-crossing
Traffic Signals :
- All drivers must understand the signals of traffic constables and fellow drivers and honour them.
- Drivers must understand the stop, move, left turn, right turn, go straight or slow down signals of the traffic constable and fellow drivers on the road and act accordingly