Driving Licence can be applied 30 days after the issue of Learner's Licence. Driving Licene is made only for the class of vehicles where LL has been applied for.
Non-Transport:The Validity for a non-transport vehicle is 20 years or until the date on which a person attains the age of fifty, whichever is earlier. A person who has attained 50 years of age on the date of issue or renewal of licence ; on renewal will attain a DL effective for 5 years.
Transport:The validity for transport vehicle is for 3 years Licence to drive a transport vehicle carrying goods of dangerous and hazardous nature is effective for a period of one year.
International Driving Permit:International Driving permit will be valid for a period of not more than one year from the day of issue or till the validity of the driving licence, whichever is earlier.
How To Apply:(New Driving Licence)
1. Application for driving licence should be made in Form 4 accompanied by
- An effective learner's licence to drive the vehicle of the type to which the application relates.
- Appropriate fees
2. Test:The applicant should then appear for a driving Test with the Motor Vehicle Inspector (M.V.I.).
No person shall appear for the test of competence to drive unless he has held a learner's licence for a period of 30 days. Where the application does not pass the Driving Licence test he may be permitted to re-appear for the test after a period of seven days. Provided where the applicant does not pass the test even after three appearances, he shall not be qualified to re-appear for such test before the expiry of a period of sixty days from the date of last such test.
3. Interview:An interview of road singns and a few general questions regarding road safety are questioned from the applicant. The application can be rejected if the test is failed.
4. Delivery of the Driving Licence:
The Driving Licence will be delivered to the applicant by the India Postal Service.