Fitness for Non-Transport vehicle (Private):-
- Non-Transport (Private) Vehicles are exempted from paying fitness fee.
- The Vehicle Registration or Fitness validity of road worthiness is 15 years for a new vehicle.
- On expiry of validity, Re-registration for Fitness Validity of Road worthiness is to be done for every 5 years.
Fitness for Transport Vehicle Commercial:-
- All Transport (Commercial) Vehicles are to pay fitness fee based on the class of vehicle.
- The fitness validity of a new vehicle is for two years.
- Thereafter, the fitness validity is issued for every one year.
- Fitness fee can be paid one month prior to the expiry of the fitness validity.
On expiry of validity, application for renewal has to be submitted tendering the requisite fee, in which case vehicle is to be produced for inspection and verification by Motor Vehicle Inspector before granting renewal of Certificate of Fitness.
An application for Fitness Certificate has to be submitted in Form CFA accompanied by the following :
- Registration Certificate.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Emission Certificate.
- Valid Tax.
Fine is levied if fitness fee is paid beyond the date of fitness validity.
- Fine of Rs.100/- for 1st month beyond the date of fitness validity.
Fine of Rs.200/- for 2nd month beyond the date of fitness validity.
Fine of Rs.300/- from 3rd month beyond the date of fitness validity until 1 year.
Fine of Rs.600/- in 2nd year beyond the date of fitness validity.