Registration of new Vehicle
The vehicle can be driven or allowed to be driven in public place only after registration by registering authority as under the provision of section 39 of motor vehicle Act 1988.
Private Vehicles :
- Registration Fee and Hypothecation fee (if loan taken from a Bank) are to be paid.
- One Time road tax of 10 years is to be paid and subsequently, tax for every 5 years is to be paid after 10 years.
- Road Tax amount is dependent on the Sale Amount of the vehicle for all cars.
- Road Tax amount is dependent on the Unladen weight for all Two Wheelers.
- The Vehicle Registration Validity or Fitness Validity for a new vehicle is 15 years, after which, the validity may be renewed for every 5 years, depending upon the road worthiness of the vehicle.
- Registration Fee and Hypothecation fee (if loan taken from a Bank) are to be paid
- Quarterly or Yearly Tax is to be paid.
- Road Tax amount is dependent on the Class of Vehicle.
- Fitness fee dependent on the class of vehicle is to be paid for all commercial vehicles.
- Fitness validity for a new vehicle is for two years only, after which the fitness validity is to be renewed every year.
- Form 20: Duly filled up
- Form 21: (Sale Certificate) issued by the vehicle dealer and duly filled up.
- Form 22: Pollution Certificate obtained from Pollution Control Board
- Form 34: Duly signed by the owner and the Financer
- Address Proof: Electric bill or letter from Headman or phone bill or EPIC
- Valid Insurance Certificate: This can be obtained from any Insurance Company
- Temporary Registration from the dealer.
- Approval is to be obtained from the Registering Authority (D.T.O.) for new registration of a vehicle by producing all the above mentioned documents. Allotment Letter of permit from R.T.A./S.T.A. is to be produced, in case of commercial vehicles.
- Vehicle is then to be produced before the registering authority for inspection by the Motor Vehicle Inspector.
- Fee and Tax for the vehicle is then to be paid at the cash counter and receipt for the same will be given.
- The applicant is to approach the Head Assistant (H.A.) with the receipt for assignment of vehicle number.
- High Security Registration Plate ( H.S.R.P.) Fee is also to be paid at the office.
- The H.S.R.P. will be fixed to the vehicle at Commissioner's office, Sawlad.
- After fixing the H.S.R.P., the applicant can then collect the Registration Certificate and Fitness Certificate (in case of commercial vehicle) from the dealing assistant