Registration of Other State Vehicle
A vehicle which has already been registered in another state should have a valid NOC from the respective Transport office before it can be considered to be registered in Meghalaya.
- Registration Fee and Hypothecation fee (if loan taken from a Bank) are to be paid.
- Road tax payment is dependent on the Sale amount and the Age of the vehicle. If the age of the vehicle is less that one year, then 10 years tax is to be paid. If the age is 4 years, then tax of 6 years is to be paid. If the age is however, 10 yrs or more, a minimum road tax of 1 year is anyway realized.
- Fitness validity is 15 years from the date of first registration.
- Old Registration Certificate is to be produced in original.
- Form 28: N.O.C. in duplicate
- Form 27:
- Form 20:
- Form 34: Duly signed by the owner and the Financer
- Address Proof: Electric bill or letter from Headman or phone bill or EPIC
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- National Crime Record Bureau clearance is required which is done by the Transport Department.
- Approval is to be obtained from the Registering Authority (DTO) for new registration of a vehicle by producing all the above mentioned documents.
- Fee and Tax for the vehicle is then to be paid at the cash counter and receipt for the same will be given.
- The applicant is to approach the HA with the receipt for assignment of Registration number.
- High Security Registration Plate (H.S.R.P.) Fee is also to be paid at the office.
- The H.S.R.P. will be fixed to the vehicle at Commissioner's office, Sawlad.
- After a few days of fixing the H.S.R.P., the applicant can then collect the Registration Certificate and Fitness Certificate (in case of commercial vehicle) from the dealing assistant.