All State Government, Central Government and Police Department vehicles need to be registered at the office of the Registering Authority.
- Form 20 duly filled up by the Department.
- These vehicles are exempted from paying Registration Fees and Road Tax.
- H.S.R.P. fee is however to be paid as per the Fee charged.
- Government vehicles in Meghalaya have a separate Registration Mark.
- Owner's name has to be the Designation name and not an individual's name.
- A Government vehicle can be auctioned to the public as desired by the Department.
This auctioned vehicle is then treated as a new vehicle and a new public Registration Mark is assigned to the old vehicle, while the old Government Registration Mark is discarded.