Areas of Computerisation
A feasibility study of the existing system has brought out the following areas where Information Technology can be applied in the transport department :
1. Vehicle Registration
- Online Registration of vehicles with system assigned Registration number and issue of Computerised registration certificate.
- Booking and Allocation of Fancy Registration Number on demand.
- Re-Registration of Vehicles after expiry of registration valid date.
- Issue of Duplicate Registration Certificate.
- Re-registration of Vehicles from other states.
- Transfer of Ownership.
- Change of Address.
- Conversion of Vehicles.
- Alteration in Motor Vehicles.
- Endorsement of Non-use vehicles and surrender of documents.
- Endorsement of Hypothecation/Lease/Hire-Purchase.
- Termination of Hypothecation/Lease/Hire-Purchase.
- Issue of Vehicle Fitness Certificate.
- Issue of No Objection Certificate.
2. Tax Realisation
- Online collection of Tax for all type of Vehicles.
- Penalty on tax defaulters, additional tax if applicable.
- Installment payment of tax.
- Issue of duplicate tax token.
- Preparation of Demand Notice for tax Defaulters.
- Challaning of Vehicles under the Motor Vehicle Acts.
- Impounding of Motor Vehicles.
- Compounding of Motor Vehicles.
- Disposal of Challan.
4. Driving Licence
- Issue of Learner's Licence.
- Renewal of Learner's Licence.
- Issue of Driving Licence.
- Renewal of Driving Licence.
- Inclusion of Additional Category of Driving Licence.
- Issue of Duplicate Driving Licence.
- Accounting of Daily Collection as trax and various fees.
- Reconciliation of accounts at the end of a day.
- Report on list of Certificate of Fitness.
- Various Adhoc queries and their reports.
- Issue of National, Stage Carriage, Contract Carriage, Goods Carriage Permit.
- Renewal of authorisation for Permit.
- Renewal of Permit.
- Cancellation of Permit.
- Conversion of vehicles.
- Replacement of Vehicles.
- Inclusion of State.
- Transfer of Ownership of Permit.
- Daily Accounting.
- State Wise Accounting.
- Payroll Accounting System.
- Personnel Information System.
- Material Management System,
- Monitoring Financial / Physical Achievement.