Have your engine tuned regularly and ensure that :
- Spark plugs are in good condition and gaps are correct.
- Distributor contact breaker and condenser are in good condition and point gap is O.K.
- Ignition timing is properly adjusted. The vacuum advance is operating.
- Air cleaner is clean and filled with oil to the correct level.
- Valve lash is properly adjusted.
- Carburetor is clean and properly adjusted, mixture is not to rich.
- Idling speed is correctly adjusted.
- Leaks past pistons, rings, valves, valve seats, guides and joints are eliminated, and cylinder compassion pressure is correct.
- Clutch pedal free play is to recommend measurement.
- The battery is in good condition.
- Exhaust passage is not restricted or leaking.