- Do not try to overtake unless it is very necessary for you to do so.
- Do not overtake on narrow roads at a bridge and at places where overtaking is prohibited.
- Never overtake unless you are sure that you can do so without endangering yourself or any-one else.
- Allow other vehicles to pass or overtake you, when they desire to, as and when the road and traffic conditions permit you to do so. Unnecessary racing for fun should be avoided.
- Never accelerate when being overtaken.
- Overtake only on the right, unless the driver in front of you has signaled that he is turning right.
- Do not overtake when you cannot see the road ahead, at a corner or a cross-road or around a bend.
- Beware of "Go Ahead" signals given by persons other than the driver.
- Overtake only when there is no on-coming vehicle and when sufficient space lies ahead.
- Overtaking during night is more dangerous, take more care.