- Use Footpaths wherever it is provided.
- Where footpath are not provided separately, walk on the right side of the road facing the on-coming traffic.
- Do not allow children below 7 years to walk alone on the road.
- Do not step on the road without ensuring that it is safe to do so.
- Do not loiter or play in the road.
- Be careful at blind corners.
- Do not step out from behind a stationary vehicle or slow moving bus without making sure that the road is clear.
- Find a safe place to cross the road.
- Do not try to cross between parked vehicles. If you have to cross between parked vehicles, stop where you can be seen and are able to look out for traffic.
- Look al round and listen for traffic before crossing the road.
- Make sure which way the traffic is moving.
- Do not step on to the road if you see or hear any emergency vehicle i.e., police vans, fire brigade, ambulance etc.
- Never get on or off a bus unless it is standing at a bus stop.
- Signal the bus to stop and do not board the bus until it has come to a complete standstill.
- Do not cross from behind or in front of a bus without looking properly.
- Enter or alight from a bus only from the door provided for entrance or exit.
- Do not hang on to a bus by holding any external or internal appendage.
- Never jump on or off a moving bus.